– Spring Training 2020 in Scottsdale and Around the Valley –
The 2020 Cactus League Spring Training season has officially begun! And every day between now and March 24th, fans will get to see some of their favorite teams play in more intimate and smaller facilities. And with ten venues all over the Valley, there are plenty of opportunities to experience the action.
Scottsdale is home to two of the facilities, the Scottsdale Stadium and Salt River Fields (in the Salt River Pima–Maricopa Indian Community). The Scottsdale Stadium is the home of the San Francisco Giants and Salt River Fields is the home base for both the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Colorado Rockies.
Other locations around the Valley include:
- Phoenix – American Family Fields – Milwaukee Brewers
- Glendale– Camelback Ranch – Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox
- Mesa – Sloan Park – Chicago Cubs
- Goodyear – Goodyear Ballpark – Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds
- Tempe – Diablo Stadium – Los Angeles Angels
- Peoria – Peoria Sports Complex – San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners
- Hohokam Stadium (Mesa) – Oakland A’s
- Surprise – Surprise Stadium – Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers
Here is a downloadable 2020 Cactus League Spring Training Schedule for you.
If you have not had a chance to attend a Spring Training game, we highly suggest it. Scottsdale’s weather this time of year is great and the smaller venues mean you are closer to the action and excitement.
If you are looking for more information, Experience Scottsdale has put together an extensive guide that is all things Spring Training.
Here is the Cactus League’s official website.
More into stats and standings? The MLB has a page where you can stay on top of all of the action.
So go ahead and pick your venue (or venues!) and get out there for some great baseball, some great weather, perhaps a hot dog or two and a cold beverage. It is a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening!