– December 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
December was a gangbuster month in terms of home sales, coming in way ahead of November and December 2018. However, as expected, pendings and UCB contracts fell as people enjoyed the holidays and did not shop for homes.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – DECEMBER 2019
Each month, we look at and track these four items:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were for sale at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of homes in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many homes sold during the month.
DECEMBER 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes on the market fell in December due to fewer people putting their homes on the market and a large number of home listings expired on December 31st.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts fell sharply. As referenced above, this makes sense as there were fewer buyers in the market during the holidays.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Like UCBs, pending sales were also affected by the holiday season. Pendings were down 29% compared to the end of November.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The very bright spot in December was actual home sales. December closed out with 464 sales, which is more like we would see at the beginning of the high season.
Here are two more metrics we track on a monthly basis – Percent Change and Sales Price to List Price.
In the Percent Change Month Over Month metric, we compare each of the four sales statuses’ performance with the prior month’s performance. For example, home sales were up 25.4% between the end of November and December.
In the Sales Price to List Price, we study the prices homes sold for relative to what they were listed for. In December, this figure was 96.4%, so buyers on average saved 3.6% off of list price.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2020. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2020 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes