– Scottsdale Events – January 2020 –
January may be my favorite month of the year in terms of events. There is so much going on around Scottsdale and the Valley and these events set the tone of the new year.
Without further ado, here are some hand-picked events of things going on in January in and around Scottsdale:
- Arizona Fine Art Expo – January 10th – March 22nd – This year, 124 artists will bring their studios to the Expo and will create over the course of two months. Come and meet the artists and explore their works – perhaps you will find the perfect piece for your home!
- Desert Gardening Simplified – January 11th – Head over to Carefree to learn how you can maintain and enhance your desert garden. This course is free, but you are encouraged to give a donation of $5 or more.
- Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction – January 11th – 19th – Barrett Jackson is back at WestWorld! This amazing event will feature some of the most exclusive collector cars around. Note that there is a new bag policy similar to sporting events. Be sure to check the link before you go.
- Sunday A’Fair – January 12th – 26th – Sit back, relax and enjoy live music courtesy of the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts from noon to 4PM on Sundays. While you are enjoying the music, feel free to browse the pop-up art shops or purchase food and drink. Or, bring your own picnic and enjoy!
- Russo and Steele Collector Car Auction – January 15th – 19th – The other amazing car auction, Russo and Steele is also back at the 101 and Scottsdale Road. There will be five days of action and over 800 cars will be auctioned off.
- Disney on Ice – Mickey’s Search Party – January 16th – 19th – Come see Mickey and all of his Disney buddies as they perform at the Talking Stick Resort Arena. Appearances by Coco, Moana, Belle, Elsa and more.
- Scottsdale ArtWalk – January 16th – Scottsdale is known for its weekly ArtWalks in Old Town, but on January 16th, they are holding a special Gold Palette edition which will feature a “Demonstrate and Donuts” theme.
- Carefree Art & Wine Festival – January 17th – 19th – This wonderful art festival is back for the 27th time. Explore the work of 155 juried artists as you stroll the streets of downtown Carefree.
- Celebration of Fine Art – January 18th – March 29th – This other high-profile art event is back for its 30th year. Located at the 101 and Hayden, come see artists create via a large range of mediums and pick your favorites.
- Rock ‘N’ Roll Arizona Marathon – January 18th – 19th – Catch some amazing scenery and live music as you run through Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale. If 26.2 is too much for you, there are Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and Kids Rock races.
- Arizona Balloon Classic – January 24th – 26th – This is the ninth time this amazing event will be held in Goodyear featuring a festival and balloon races. Up to 25 colorful balloons will participate and at night they will glow and light up to music. There will be a family zone, a food zone and so much more.
- Cirque Cinderella – January 24th – 26th – The story of Cinderella is reimagined by the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra and the Troupe Vertigo. There will be ballet, contortionists, acrobatics and so much more. It is sure to delight all ages.
- Waste Management Phoenix Open – January 27th – February 2nd – This *might* be my favorite event of the year. The Waste Management Open is a huge, entertaining and fun golf tournament. This year, expect to see Ricky Fowler, Bubba Watson and more. Do not forget the Birds Nest for after-hours fun and concerts!
- Jacob Jonas The Company – January 31st– This innovative dance troupe is coming to Scottsdale at the end of the month. They will bring their unique, contemporary style to the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts.
As always, this is a partial list. Please feel free to add any other January events in the comments section.