– November 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
We saw home sales in Scottsdale fall in November, but we did see an uptick in pending sales to take us into December.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2019
Each month, we look at and track these four items:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes listed actively for sale at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many pending sales there were at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of homes sold during the month.
NOVEMBER 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was more or less level between October and November. The 12 month average for this is 1,604.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCBs was up slightly to close the month out at 251.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales saw a healthy 14% jump between October and November. This will help with the December sales figures.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales fell in November, dropping from over 400 in October to 370 in November. Seasonality and the Thanksgiving holiday contributed to this dip.
Now, we will take a look at two more sales metrics we use to track the Scottsdale real estate market.
The Percent Change Month Over Month compares the sales activity in the most recent month to the activity from the month before. For instance, UCB activity fell 2% between October and November.
Sales Price to List Price averages what homes sold for in comparison to the prices they had been on the market for. In November, sales price to list price came in at 96.4%. So, on average, buyers saw an average of 3.6% off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes