– October 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
October was a good month for the Scottsdale real estate market. Inventory was up, pending sales were up and home sales were also up. In fact, the under $1 million price point saw the homes sold to homes listed ratio come in at over 55%.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – OCTOBER 2019
We track the following four sales statuses on a monthly basis.
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were for sale at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of UCB homes at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many homes sold that month.
OCTOBER 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was up a little over 9% between the end of September and October. This is good news for buyers who have been working with a limited number of homes on the market.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts saw an 11.3% jump. This is ahead of where we were last year at this time and is promising to see in a traditionally slower month.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were also up slightly. They went from 263 to 269.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales rebounded in October, closing the month out at 433. Of these, 363 were for homes priced under $1 million.
This next section shows two more sets of statistics we use to track the Scottsdale housing market.
On the top is the Percent Change Month Over Month metric. Here, we look at performance on a month-over-month basis. For instance, homes sales were up 2.4% between September and October after falling for several months.
Below that is Sales Price to List Price. This one compares average home prices to average sales prices. In October, it was 96.3%, meaning buyers saw an average discount of 3.7% off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 11/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes