– Volunteer for Thanksgiving 2019 –
Thanksgiving is a week away! During this time, we tend to count our blessings and visit with friends and family. But it is also a great opportunity to volunteer to give back and assist those who might need a little help or those who do may spend the holiday alone.
Here are some ideas on how you can volunteer for Thanksgiving in and around Scottsdale and Phoenix.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Super Saturday Turkey Drive – November 23rd – 8AM to 2PM – This is the 13th annual turkey drive at St. Mary’s. They will be collecting at their Phoenix and Surprise locations as well as 28 Safeway and Albertsons locations. There are also many other year-round volunteer opportunities with St. Mary’s.
- Phoenix Rescue Mission Neighbor in Need Food Box Delivery– November 23rd – 8AM to 5PM – The Phoenix Mission needs help with packing, loading and delivering Thanksgiving food boxes to local families in need.
- Turkey Tuesdays – St. Vincent De Paul’s and 12 News Turkey Drive – November 26th – 12 News and St. Vincent De Paul’s are looking to collect 30,000 turkeys for local families on Tuesday. Check the link to see the two locations where you can participate in person or you can donate online. Here are some other hands-on volunteering opportunities with St. Vincent De Paul as well.
- Leftovers 10K/5K Run – November 30th – Bring canned goods to this race sponsored by St. Mary’s. All donations will go to stock up the food bank.
- Salvation Army in Phoenix – The Salvation Army is all geared up for its Thanksgiving meal, but you can get the holidays underway by manning a Christmas Angel booth at the mall or start ringing the bell at the Salvation Army Red Kettles.
- Some other ideas that can work year-round: Organize a food drive, collect coats and/or blankets for kids and families, volunteer at a senior center or animal shelter.
Some of these options may require advance registration. Please check their websites for additional information.