– September 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
September was a typical off-season month where we saw sales and pending sales slow. However, sales in the lower price points continue to be strong. Like we saw in August, the Percentage of Homes Sold vs. Homes Listed for homes under $1 million came in at over 60% again.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – SEPTEMBER 2019
Each month, we track four items related to sales activity in Scottsdale.
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes on the market at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many homes were in pending status at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of home sales during the month.
SEPTEMBER 2019 RESULTS
September is another month that tends to show slow performance due to seasonality.
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Typically inventory of homes for sale tapers off during this time of year, but this September, inventory was up 1.7% at the end of the month.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): Following seasonal trends, UCB contracts were down in September. UCBs have been trending down since May.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales fell slightly to 263 after being level the past 2 months.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: 423 homes sold in September, down 5.8% from August. The bulk of these home sales, 360 sales, were for homes priced under $1 million.
Here are two more sales metrics that we track on a monthly basis.
The Percent Change Month Over Month metric compares current figures to the month prior. Looking at the image above, you can see UCB contracts fell 9.1% between the end of August and the end of September.
Sales Price to List Price shows us on average what homes are selling for compared to what they were listed for. In September, it was 97.1%, meaning buyers saw an average discount of 2.9% off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 10/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes