– June 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
After a record-setting May for home sales, things slowed a bit in June. However, June was still an excellent month of sales activity in Scottsdale.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JUNE 2019
Each month, we pull the data on the following four sales metrics:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes for sale at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of UCB contracts at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of homes in pending status at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The total number of home sales for the month.
JUNE 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: We saw another dip in inventory from the previous few months. This is due to high sales activity, fewer homes going onto the market and sellers taking their homes off of the market for the summer months.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of homes in UCB status fell to levels we last saw in February. There was a 16.6% decline in UCBs between May and June.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: We also saw the number of pending sales fall between May and June. June closed out with 299 pending sales.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: There were 520 homes sold in June. Although it is more than a 15% drop compared to May, this is still a very strong sales performance.
We have two more things that we track monthly and they are below.
The top section compares how each of the sales metrics performed relative to the prior month. For instance, pending sales fell 12.1% between the end of May and June.
The lower section is a quick and simple metric that gives you an idea of what homes are selling for compared to what they were listed for. In June, on average, homes sold for 96.4% of their listed prices. Or, looking at it from a buyer’s perspective, buyers on average saw a discount of 3.6% of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 7/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes