– May 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
The pace of home sales in Scottsdale was fantastic in May. where we saw incredible sales activity.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – MAY 2019
We track each of these items on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were on the market at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many homes were pending sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of homes sold that month.
MAY 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes on the market fell due to strong sales and fewer homes going onto the market during the summer months.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts fell by 25 to close out may at 325. This is still a strong performance though.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales also fell slightly to 340. This is the second highest pendings have been in the past year.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: 613 homes sold in May. This is the highest I have seen this figure since I started monthly tracking in September of 2007.
This next set of figures contains two other metrics we track on a monthly basis.
The first metric shows how each of the items has changed on a month-to-month basis. For instance, sales were up 15.9% between the end of April and the end of May.
The second metric is Sales Price to List Price. This is a quick way to see how much homes are selling for relative to their list prices. In May, it was 96.4% So, on average, buyers were able to get their homes for a 3.6% discount off of list price.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 6/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes