– March 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
We saw Scottsdale home sales activity increase quite a bit in March as we hit the peak of high season.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – MARCH 2019
Below are the sales figures we track each month:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were for sale at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many home sales were pending at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of homes sold during the month.
MARCH 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes for sale was up slightly at the end of March to 1,982.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts were up to 336, a 20.9% increase over February
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales also saw a healthy jump to 332, a 15.3% increase over the prior month.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales came in above 400 for the first time in 2019. This is still trailing from where we were last year at this time, but we could see momentum pick up in April.
This next section contains information on two more sales metrics that we track on a monthly basis.
The first metric compares sales activity to the month prior. As you can see, March home sales in Scottsdale were up 23.1% over February.
The second metric looks at what homes sold for on average compared to their average list prices. In March, it was 96.3%, meaning that buyers on average saw a 3.7% discount off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 4/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes