– January 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Home sales in Scottsdale in January were quieter, but this is something we see seasonally based on the holidays in December. However, pending sales and UCB homes had very healthy increases.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JANUARY 2019
We track the four following items on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – How many homes were for sale at the end of the month are shown with the orange line.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month are shown with the gray line.*
– Pending home sales – The number of pending sales at the end of the month is shown with the yellow line.*
– Home Sales – The number of homes that sold are shown with the blue line.
JANUARY 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes for sale jumped to 1,876 as we moved into the new year and the high season.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts had a great rebound to end the month at 279. This was almost a 60% jump.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales also saw a nice increase over December. Pendings were up 25%.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales fell again, closing out the month at 322. This number will head back up in February.
This next section contains two more metrics that we follow:
The first section looks at how things are changing relative to the prior month. For instance, the number of homes for sale in Scottsdale was up 12.7% compared to the end of December.
The second section is called Sales Price to List Price. Here, the actual sales prices of homes are compared to their list prices. In January, buyers saw an average of 3.9% off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 2/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes