– 2018 Scottsdale 4th of July Celebrations –
The 4th of July is upon us again and with that comes plenty of events and ways to celebrate the holiday. Here is a list of things going on in and around Scottsdale to celebrate the 4th of July.
- Fairmont Princess 4th of July Freedom Fest – June 29th – July 8th – The Scottsdale Fairmont Princess is going all-out on their 4th of July celebration. This year, there are nine nights of fireworks. On top of that, there will be concerts on July 2-4, a vintage air show on the 4th, and lots of special events at the resort like dive-in movies, mermaid story time, watermelon eating contests and so much more. They are also offering a VIP 4th of July package if you want full access to the resort and VIP access to many events.
- Desert Ridge Independence Day- July 1st – Head on over to the Reach 11 Sports Complex for some fireworks. The show begins at 9PM.
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park Concert and Fireworks – July 2nd – Playing again this year, Mogollon will be performing a free concert at the Railroad Park. After the show, stick around for some post-concert fireworks.
- Scottsdale 4th of July Celebration at WestWorld – July 4th – WestWorld is bringing back its indoor 4th of July and is hosting a family-friendly and patriotic party from 4:30PM to 9:30PM. This year, there will be BMX bike stunt riders, bull riding, rides for the kiddos, a dinosaur encounter, pony rides, a petting zoo and more. The event will wrap up with a firework display.
- 4th of Zooly at the Phoenix Zoo – July 4th – The 4th of Zooly is an annual favorite at the Phoenix Zoo. It starts at 7PM with a BBQ dinner and fun events like bounce houses, free carousel rides, free Stingray Bay access, animal encounters and more. At 9PM, attendees will get to watch the Tempe Town Lake fireworks from a very special location in the zoo.
- Cave Creek’s 4th of July Celebration – July 4th – As of this date, it seems any fireworks in Cave Creek have been canceled due to wildfire concerns. However, that does not mean there will not be fun to be had. Harold’s Corral is hosting a two-day 4th of July party with live music, hot dog eating contests, karaoke and more.
- 4th at the Fountain in Fountain Hills – July 4th – Fountain Hills well-loved event will return for another year. Starting at 6, head on over to the fountain with a blanket and lawn chairs. Bring your own picnic or sample the food and treats from the food trucks on-site. There will be a DJ, a climbing wall, music, bounce houses, and more. The fireworks show will commence at 9PM.
- Tempe Town Lake Festival – July 4th – The gates will open at 5PM for this iconic celebration on Tempe Town Lake. Several bands will play, there is a Family Fun Zone and there will be a special flyover and more. There will also be a Food Court and Beer Garden. The firework spectacular will begin at 9:20PM.
- Fabulous Phoenix 4th – July 4th – This large celebration in the City of Phoenix is now on its 33rd year. There will be two stages with live entertainment, a Kids’ World, vendors selling food and wares and more.
This is just a few of the many events going on in and around Scottsdale for the 4th of July. Feel free to add any others in the comments section.
Happy 4th of July!