– November 2017 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
November ended with some solid sales and pending activity.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2017
The chart below depicts the past year’s worth of home sales activity in Scottsdale. Each month, we track four metrics.
– Single-family homes for sale which are shown on the red line.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) which are shown on the green line.*
– Pending home sales which are shown on the purple line.*
– Home Sales which are shown on the blue line.
NOVEMBER 2017 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was down slightly at the end of November after two months of large increases.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB sales fell slightly to end the month at 269.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were up 5% over October. This is the second month in a row where this figure has increased.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The number of homes that sold was down 2.8% compared to October. However, this is still a solid sales figure as we start to close out the year.
This next section takes a look at two other metrics that are helpful in understanding the Scottsdale housing market.
The top section is comparing sales activity on a month-over-month basis. Three of the four metrics we track declined relative to the prior month, but pending sales were up.
The lower section compares what homes sold for in relation to the price they were on the market for. On average, buyers purchasing in November saw a 4.1% discount off of asking prices. This figure has been pretty level throughout 2017, with the exception of February.
Overall, November turned in a solid performance. Inventory leveled off and sales, pendings and UCBs all held their own.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2017. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2017 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes