– 2017 Holiday Celebrations in Scottsdale –
The holiday season is now in full swing, which means there are tons of holiday events going on in and around Scottsdale.
Here are some noteworthy celebrations and events going on over the next month:
- Santa Experience from HGTV – Now through December 24th – HGTV is sponsoring a Santa Experience in the Scottsdale Fashion Square’s food court. There will be free photos with Santa plus interactive exhibits, such as the Naughty or Nice Meter.
- Desert Ridge Holiday Events – Now through December 28th – Desert Ridge has a large number of events planned over the next month. Nightly snowfall, readings from Mrs. Claus, holiday movie screenings, live music and so much more await.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Garden – Now through December 30th – On select evenings throughout the month, 8,000 luminaria lanterns will be hand-lit and provide a beautiful glow all through the Desert Botanical Garden. Live entertainment and cocoa or cider will add to the fun.
- Christmas at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess – Now through December 31st – The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is home to a spectacular winter and Christmas wonderland. There are rides, light displays, ice skating, S’moresland, visits from Santa and character appearances and more! Both young and old will be amazed and entertained.
- Scottsdale’s Scottsdazzle – Now through January 1st – Downtown Scottsdale kicked off Scottsdazzle 2017 last weekend. This event includes over a month of exciting events and dazzling lights. The tree lighting took place over the past weekend and during Hanukkah, there will be a menorah lighting each evening. Concerts, champagne parties and day and night tours are just a few things you can expect during this wonderful annual event.
- The Polar Express– Now through January 6th – The Polar Express has been a family favorite for years. Starting in Williams, take a magical train ride to the North Pole.
- Phoenix Zoo’s Zoolights – Now through January 14th – Zoolights is one of the most popular holiday events in the Phoenix area. Millions of lights bring hundreds of displays to life nightly and music in motion shows by the lake are sure to delight. Santa will be making an appearance and each evening snow will fall.
- Illumination Symphony of Light – Now through January 14th – Come experience this magical drive-through light extravaganza. Millions of lights will be on displays that are synchronized to holiday music. Once you are done, feel free to park and play or grab a bite to eat.
- Christmas in Carefree– December 1st – 31st – Downtown Carefree has expanded its Christmas celebration to last all month long. During the week, enjoy the lovely decorations and displays. On the weekends, there will be visits from Santa, a snow playground, a holiday market, live entertainment, food and drink and much more!
- Holiday Lights at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park – December 1sth through January 7th – This annual event is a favorite for folks all over the Valley. The event kicks off on December 1st with a tree lighting hosted by Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane. And, for you Family Circus cartoon fans, Jeff Keane (the co-creator) will be handing out autographed calendars. From there, every evening (except December 4, 24, 25 and 31) the park will come alive with thousands of lighted displays. Hop on the train for a magical tour of the exhibits.
- Phoestivus – December 14th and 21st – Fans of Seinfeld will love this event that takes place twice in December, benefitting the Phoenix Open Air Market. Seinfeld references will abound – “Pheats” of Strength anyone? Local vendors will be selling food, beverages and gifts and don’t miss Hipster Santa.
As always, this is just a partial list, so feel free to add any other events in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.