– 2017 Halloween Events In and Around Scottsdale –
This is one of my favorite posts to write each year because I adore Halloween and seeing all of the kiddos dressed up…
This year, I am quite late in getting this post out, but there are still many events to enjoy. Here is a collection of some really fun Halloween and Fall Festivals in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
- MacDonald’s Ranch Annual Pumpkin Festival – October 1st-31st – This continues to be one of my favorite Halloween/Fall events in Scottsdale. Head over to MacDonald’s Ranch for a full pumpkin patch experience including hayrides that take you out to select your pumpkins. While you are there, grab a bite to eat, look through the various vendors’ wares, visit the petting zoo, run through the hay bale maze and so much more. (Closed Tuesdays. Some activities have an additional fee.)
- Pumpkin and Chili Festival at Schnepf Farms – Thursdays through Sundays until October 29th – This annual event at Schnepf Farms is a great one and worth the trip. There are a corn maze and a hay bale maze to navigate, tons of rides, hayrides, chili and more, including fireworks on the weekend. (Some activities have an additional fee.)
- Carefree’s Enchanted Pumpkin Garden – October 20th -29th – After huge success last year, Ray Villafane and his team are back with their amazing and whimsical pumpkin creations, including a 672 pound carved pumpkin. Besides the pumpkin art, there are many things planned over the course of the event. Carving demonstrations, family carve nights, food and beverage, a corn maze and so much more will be taking place. (Free admission)
- Strange Garden at the Desert Botanical Garden – October 27th – 28th – This is a new event at the DBG and it looks to be a lot of fun. Over the two days and nights, strange sights will appear, contortionists and acrobats will perform, there will be dance parties, face painting and more. Food trucks will be on site for everyone to enjoy. (Free to Members or included with your Desert Botanical Garden admission.)
- Howl-O-Ween at the Phoenix Zoo – October 27th – 28th – This popular annual event at the Phoenix Zoo is back! Both evenings are family friendly will feature trick-or-treating, dance parties, activity and game arcades, animal encounters, character visits, a jack-o-lantern path and so much more. (Tickets for sale. Event often sells out, so buy in advance if possible.)
- City of Scottsdale’s Fall Festival – October 28th – Head on over to Eldorado Park between on the evening of the 28th from 5PM to 9PM. There will be costume contests, fireworks, game booths and a Haunted Forest.
- Cave Creek Wicked – October 28th – Downtown Cave Creek will be transformed into an all-day and all-night Halloween celebration. From 11AM to 4PM, there will be several family-friendly events as well as teen music stages. For the adults, a bicycle pub crawl kicks off at 2:30PM and another bar crawl with costume contests (on foot this time) starts at 7PM.
- Nightmare on Princess Drive: CarnEVILat the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess– October 28th – This adults-only event is back and this year will have an evil carnival theme. There will be DJs spinning and midnight costume contest.
Not for the Faint of Heart
If zombies, ghouls, terrifying creatures and getting frightened out of your mind are your preferred way to celebrate Halloween, here is a website that has all of the haunted houses, scary events and more: Arizona Haunted Houses
This collection only includes a small number of Halloween and Fall Festivals. If you have any events that you would like to add, please feel free to do so in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Event dates, times and pricing subject to change. Most events require an admission to be paid.