The holiday season is well underway in Scottsdale and Phoenix and there are plenty of things to do and see. Here is a list of some holiday and some non-holiday events coming up in and around Scottsdale:
- The Desert Botanical Garden has a couple of events going on. First off is Las Noches de las Luminarias. Between now and December 31st, 8,000 luminarias gently light up the garden grounds at night and live musical performances will be taking place. And, there is also the magical Bruce Munro: Garden Light exhibit. The eight large light installations are located throughout the property.
- The Carefree Christmas Festival takes place December 11-13 in the Town of Carefree. Tour the food and gift market, grab a bite to eat or take a sleigh ride on real snow.
- Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo is back and runs through January 10th. This event is a treat for both grown-ups and little ones!
- Desert Ridge Concert Series – Desert Ridge is hosting a series of concerts on weekend evenings in December and January. Musical styles range from jazz to funk to alternative to classical.
- On Thursday nights, head down to Old Town Scottsdale for the Scottsdale ArtWalk and enjoy all of the galleries and to the Scottsdale Waterfront to enjoy the Artisan Markets. Local artists showcase their offerings and there are live music performances.
- The holiday event schedule at The Scottsdale Princess is packed with offerings. There is a skating rink, a light show, a petting zoo and so much more.
- The Phoenician is showcasing a nightly menorah lighting during Hanukkah as well as a Santa’s Workshop.
- The Mc Cormick Stillman Railroad Park is again hosting Rail Lights through January 2nd. Hop aboard and marvel at the thousands of lights and displays.
- And to stave off all of the holiday treats this time of year, be sure to head to the Old Town Farmers’ Market in Scottsdale on Saturday mornings. There, you can buy excellent organic produce, juices, and more.
- And finally, if you like holiday lights, here is Arizona Central’s list of local displays.
This is just a small list of all that is going on. Feel free to post any additional December events in the comment section.