– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in May 2015 –
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – MAY 2015
The graphic below charts the past twelve months of activity for Scottsdale home sales. There are three components being tracked:
– Single-family homes on the market are depicted in red.*
– Pending home sales are depicted in green.*
– Completed home Sales are depicted in purple.
MAY 2015 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of active homes on the market at the end of May dipped 5.5% over April to 2,194. This was based on strong sales activity, fewer homes coming onto the market and a higher number of expiring listings.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales dropped 5.9% compared to April. There were 350 pending contracts at the end of the month, well ahead of the 12 month average of 300 pendings.
- May Home Sales in Scottsdale: Sales in May were the third highest in the past year. 459 homes sold, compared to the 12 month average of 381 sales.
The next section of this report looks at two other pieces of information related to the real estate market in Scottsdale.
First, there is a look at how sales activity changed relative to the previous month. For instance, sales were down 5.9% in May when compared to April.
The second section tracks the average sales price of homes in comparison to their average asking prices, in other words, sales price to list price. In May, buyers on average paid 96.1% of asking price, a 3.9% average discount.
May was another positive month for Scottsdale real estate. We are seeing things taper off as we head into the warmer summer months, so I anticipate June to be a bit quieter than May.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 6/1/2015 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2015 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes