– Scottsdale Events- Early May 2015 –
Things are still in full swing in Scottsdale as we approach May. Here are a few that you may feel like checking out over the next few weeks:
– Through May 3rd – Ballet Arizona presents All Balanchine, three of George Balanchine’s works created in three different decades at Symphony Hall in Phoenix.
– Through May 10th – Butterfly Pavillion at Desert Botanical Garden – These are the final weeks to enjoy the Butterfly Pavillion. Walk through the lush greenery and watch hundreds of butterflies in flight or resting on leaves nearby.
– May 1- 29 on Friday Evenings – Music in the Garden at Desert Botanical Garden. This is another great way
to experience the Desert Botanical Garden. Each week will feature an outdoor concert among the desert flora and fauna.
– May 2nd- D-Backs Race Against Cancer – Raise money for the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation while
participating in a 5K or 1 mile race. The best part is it ends at Chase Field and you can run the bases on the field.
– May 2-3 – Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market – WestWorld will be hosting this vintage market where over 170 vendors will be offering handmade and vintage items for the home and garden.
– May 2- 28 – Concerts at the Musical Instrument Museum – All month long, the MIM will be hosting concerts covering a large number of genres including jazz, global, piano and more. Please visit the website for a full list of events.
– May 8th – The Moody Blues play at Talking Stick Resort – Listen to classic Moody Blues tunes and sing along as they perform on the poolside stage.
– May 9th – Mimosa Mornings Painting Class – Carrie Curran is taking her painting classes on the road. On
the morning of May 9th, the class will be held at The Hermosa Inn and participants will be guided through a painting as they enjoy mimosas and pastries.
– May 9-17 – Peach Festival at Schnepf Farms – Head on down to Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek for all things
peach. Not only can you pick ripe peaches, you can enjoy peach goodies and peach pancakes. There will also be hayrides, rides, arts and crafts and more.
– May 12 and May 26 – Yoga in the Rainforest – The Butterfly Wonderland is hosting two special yoga events where participants can practice Vinyasa yoga in the company of beautiful butterflies.
These are just a couple of early May events going on in and around Scottsdale. I will be back with a list of ideas for late May. And, as always, if you have an event to add, please feel free to do so in the comment section.