– The Hash Kitchen in Scottsdale –
Last week, I was able to visit and eat at The Hash Kitchen in the Gainey Village location. This breakfast and brunch destination was well worth the visit and I look forward to going back soon.
Upon entering, you come upon an enormous semi-circle topped with dozens of items meant for your custom bloody mary. This bloody mary bar is the most extensive and impressive I have seen and bloody mary fans are sure to have lots of fun making up new versions. And if you are not up for a cocktail in the morning, they do offer a virgin option so you can create without the alcohol.
The menu at The Hash Kitchen is very extensive. There are lots of favorites on there as well as favorites with a new twist. Here are some of the main offerings:
- Hashes – Since the restaurant is named The Hash Kitchen, of course there has to be hash on the menu. For the purists, there is a Corned Beef Hash, but there are also more creative offerings like Carnitas Hash and Lump Crab and Sweet Potato Hash.
- Pancakes – Everything from standard Buttermilk, to Ricotta and Lemon, to the kid approved Oreo Cookie Pancakes.
- French Toast – Of course there is a classic offering, but I saw the Nutella & Banana French Toast being served at an adjacent table and it looked delicious and decadent.
- Eggs Benedict – Again, there were plenty of options and this is what we both ordered. My dining companion had the Boring Beni which is the traditionally prepared version. I ended up trying the Lump Crab version with Old Bay Seasoning that came on a biscuit. There was a ton of crab meat and it tasted great. Both dishes came with a side of hash.
- Fruit and Oats
- Specialties – Here you will find things like Steak and Eggs, Grits, Croque Madame and so on.
- Sides – We ordered the Turkey Sausage to split and it was excellent.
- Lunch Items – There was also a big variety of non-breakfast items to choose from.
Both of our meals were excellent and disappeared quickly. The best thing about The Hash Kitchen is the variety. I could come back over and over and never have the same thing twice.
Also, there are decadent items right alongside health-oriented options, so all types of eating styles can be accommodated.
In addition to the Gainey Ranch location, there is a North Scottsdale location on Frank Lloyd Wright and an Arcadia location is coming soon.
The Hash Kitchen – Gainey
8777 N Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
North Scottsdale: 14838 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ
- Open Daily from 7AM to 3PM