– Volunteer for Thanksgiving 2016 –
Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. During this time of year, when we count our blessings and visit with friends and family, it is also a perfect time to give back and assist those in need or those who do not have families to spend the holiday with.*
Here are some ideas on how you can volunteer for Thanksgiving in and around Scottsdale.
- Phoenix Rescue Mission Frozen Turkey Drive – Saturday, November 12th – Donate a frozen turkey on the 12th and then take a tour of the facility. Lunch will be served to donors! They also need help with food box delivery on November 19th.
- United Food Bank in Mesa – There are several opportunities to volunteer for the United Food Bank. Current openings include prepping backpacks with food for children as well as preparing emergency food boxes and getting the co-op organized.
- Salvation Army in Phoenix – The Salvation Army is looking for volunteers 16 and over to help load and stack supplies on Thanksgiving Day. They also have ongoing needs for delivering meals to home-bound individuals.
- Turkey Drive Gobble Give in Chandler – Volunteers 8 and up will be selling Gobble Give cards at Fry’s that represent a turkey that will be donated on Thanksgiving. Cards purchased include a bonus offer for the shopper who purchased them.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Turkey Drive – November 19th – St. Mary’s is holding a turkey drive on the 19th at select Safeway and Albertsons locations. There are also many other volunteer opportunities with St. Mary’s.
- Turkey Tuesdays – St. Vincent De Paul’s Turkey Drive – On Tuesdays through November 22nd at Bashas’ and Food City locations, St. Vincent De Paul’s is looking to collect 20,000 turkeys for local families. Monetary donations are also accepted. Here are some other hands-on volunteering opportunities as well.
- Salvation Army’s Christmas Angel and Adopt-a-Family – This wonderful program helps families and children in need by supplying them with presents at Christmas. There are several ways to get involved with this program.
- Other ideas: Organize a food drive, collect coats and/or blankets for kids and families, volunteer at a senior center or animal shelter.
*Please note you might have to sign up in advance and or register ahead of time.