It’s been a while since I have done one of my favorite things to eat in Scottsdale, Arizona blog posts, so I figured it was time again.
1) Jasper’s Peak Deviled Eggs with Crab – NOW CLOSED – Jasper’s Peak in Grayhawk prepares these deviled eggs with crab meat, capers, mayo and mustard and more. They are great – very creamy and salty and delicious. You tend to see a lot of deviled eggs on the menu in the southern states, but not so often in Scottsdale, so these are a treat.
2) Lush Burger Ahi Burger – My next pick is the ahi tuna burger at Lush Burger at DC Ranch. The ahi is diced, seasoned and formed and cooked like a traditional hamburger. It served on a bun with a delicious slaw and sauce. I have tried tuna burgers elsewhere and they don’t even compare.
3) Blue Burger Grille Turkey Burger– Keeping on the burger track, the turkey burger at Blue Burger up at the Summit in North Scottsdale is my favorite turkey burger I’ve ever tried. The turkey itself is extremely moist and juicy and I have yet to be able to replicate it at home. Since Blue Burger lets you “build your own,” I love mine with some Swiss cheese on whole wheat bun and lots of vegetables. It doesn’t hurt to have the sweet potato fries on the side. They too, are excellent and it’s hard to keep everybody’s hands off my plate when these are ordered.
My last two picks go to the sweeter side.
4) Oatmeal Cookie Frozen Yogurt at Yogurtology – The Oatmeal Cookie yogurt at Yogurtology in Grayhawk is delicious. I don’t know how they do it, but it somehow has a little bit of the texture of oatmeal cookies combined with the yogurt. It’s one of my favorite flavors and if it’s on the menu, I definitely have some. (The Grayhawk location is now closed, but there are other locations in the Valley.)
5) Nothing Bundt Cakes – My final pick for today is actually from a small chain called Nothing Bundt Cakes and that is exactly what they do – they make Bundt cakes. They have larger cakes that can be used for special events and parties with tons of decorative options to choose from. But they also have smaller “Bundtlets” that can be shared between one or two people. Then, they have the “Bundtinis.” These are the perfect bite sized ways to enjoy the cakes. One of my favorite flavors is the lemon Bundt cake with their cream cheese and butter cream frosting. They also have a chocolate chocolate chip that is delicious. The Scottsdale location is just north of Kierland on Scottsdale Road and the best part is that they always seem to have samples available. It is a great way to try before you buy and a nice little sweet treat.
I hope you enjoyed this edition of my favorite things to eat in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas. If there are things that you really like to eat, please feel free to share them in the comments as we’re always looking for new things to try and there’s definitely abundance of the great food and treats all around Scottsdale!