As the weather warms up and we head into Spring, there are plenty of upcoming things to do in Scottsdale, Arizona. This post will focus on a few of the many events on tap for March and April 2011 in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
- Enjoy pre-season baseball with Spring Training games. Spend the afternoon watching teams like the World Champion San Francisco Giants, the Colorado Rockies and the Arizona Diamondbacks play. Even better, Scottsdale is debuting a brand new stadium this year just off of the 101 Freeway.
- It is the season of the outdoor art show and there are two excellent, large shows going on in Scottsdale right now. The first is the Arizona Fine Art Expo at Mac Donald’s Ranch at Jomax and Scottsdale Road (through April 3rd) and the other is the Celebration of Fine Art event at Scottsdale and Mayo Roads (through March 27th).
- Don’t miss the Parada del Sol Rodeo going on from March 4 through March 6th. Watch bull and bronco riding first hand and enjoy the barrel racing and the clowns antics during this event at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
- Looking to cool off a little and have some fun? On March 5, the Great Arizona Beer Festival will take place at the Tempe Beach Park in Tempe. Over 200 beers will be available to sample and there will be live music. Even better, the proceeds go to support a local charity called Sun Sounds of Arizona.
- On March 5th and 6th, head down to the 53rd Annual Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market at the Heard Museum in Downtown Phoenix. There will be over 700 artists in attendance, live performances, food and music.
- If musical theater is of interest, the Fiddler on the Roof will be at the ASU Gammage Theater from March 29th through April 3rd. This musical is a favorite of many and is sure to entertain.
- Looking to mix a good cause with some celebrity sightings? On March 19th, the Celebrity Fight Night will take place at the Desert Ridge Marriott in North Phoenix. Proceeds will benefit the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at Barrow Neurological Institute.
- Travel back in time with the Arizona Renaissance Festival. Taking place on weekends through April 3rd in Apache Junction, the Arizona Renaissance Festival features hundreds of artisans and shopping booths as well as great entertainment and tons of dining options.
- Visit one of the many Farmer’s Markets that go on all over the Valley virtually every day of the week. One of my favorites is the Old Town Scottsdale Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings. There is also a Friday Farmer’s Market in downtown Carefree at the Sundial from 9AM-1PM.
These events are only a small fraction of things going on this season in Scottsdale. Please feel free to share any events to the comment area of this post.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Please check directly with event organizers for more details.